1. Younger and younger kids are coming out as gay, but the support systems we currently have in place don’t really take 7-year-olds into account. What do you do when your young son or daughter tells you they’re gay, or they don’t tell you but you suspect as much? “The best things parents can do for both their straight and gay children is just not to presume anything about their kid’s sexuality — and to admit that, even early on, your kid has one. Talk openly — and casually! — about gay people,” says a lesbian woman who grew up in 1980s Kentucky.
2. For all you hyper-organized women looking to get pregnant while old biological clock is a-ticking, here’s The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant.
3. Ever had an argument with your kid because they wanted the blue cup and you gave them the yellow cup instead? Why do kids get so into favourite colours?
4. What happens when mom goes on a business trip? Do you print out schedules and pre-plan the dinners you’ll be missing? Log onto Skype from your hotel room?
5. In Arlington, Texas, a little boy with leukemia just wanted to be Batman. The local police, and some local villains, obliged.
Photo by Bill_Owen via Flickr