Valentine’s Day Craft: Monster Valentines
We loved these Monster Valentine cards from Makeandtakes.com because our resident artist (i.e. six year old) loves monsters. Here’s how you make them.
- Paper – all different colours
- Cardstock paper – folded in half for cards
- Googley eyes – the larger the better
- Foam glue dots (not necessary if you can’t find them!)
- Glue stick
- Markers or crayons
- Candies to glue on the front or any heart-shaped sticker or paper.
1. Create a fun-looking monster out of paper, about 2-3 inches tall. Marie at Make and Takes used a die cut machine to make their monsters, or you can draw this with markers or crayons onto your paper.
2. Add one large googley eye to your monster’s face. They used foam glue dots to give it a pop-up feel.
3. Glue your monster onto the inside of your card and write the words “I’ve got my eye on you” to the card, somewhere around the monster.
4. On the front of the card, write the word “Valentine…” and tape or add a glue dot to a candy and attach it to the front of the card.
5. Hand them out in the classroom!
Photo via Makeandtakes.com