What we’re reading today:
1. York region may shut down a popular arts program because trustees see it as elitist.
2. Feeling stressed? Call your mom. Kids stressed? Have a chat with them. New science shows a mom’s voice has a calming effect.
3. And the most glamorous baby ever has finally arrived: Beyoncé and Jay-Z welcomed Blue Ivy late Saturday night.
4. How do you deal with a grandparent who keeps sending pink, frilly things to your tomboy daughter?
5. We hope you had a chance to see some family over the holidays and that your reunions looked something like this boy surprising his grandfather.
Photo by meltsley via Flickr