News Round-Up Oct. 24: Kids Need Sleep, Kids Need Play and Indian Girls Are Changing Their Names
What we’re reading today:
1. Kids need sleep! Lots of it! Don’t let those over-achieving kids of yours choose project perfection over another hour in bed, the latter’s better for their brains.
2. A bunch of Indian girls changed their names, preferring something pretty and/or inspiring rather than the Hindi equivalent of “Unwanted.”
3. Are these the 10 best kid characters on TV? It’s a given that Manny from Modern Family made the cut, but all the kids on that show are so good! Where are Luke, Alex and Haley? At least Luke! (Lily doesn’t count just yet)
4. The importance of play! KaBOOM!’s executive director writes on the Huffington Post that without unstructured play, we might not get another Steve Jobs.
5. This 2-year-old’s dad is overseas, so he makes videos for her.
Photo by courosa via Flickr