News Round-Up March 31: Anti-War Cry of the Panda Dad, Russell Brand Vs. The Mommy Bloggers and Disliking Charlie
What we’re reading today:
1. It’s been a while since we talked Tiger Moms, no? And while there’s been no shortage of rebuttals, we think this one from an American dad living and working in Beijing is worthwhile. Alan Paul, a freelance writer who can therefore work from home and be around the kids, is the Panda Dad: “Happy to parent with cuddliness, but not afraid to show some claw” Via New York Times
2. One feminist new mom, who hadn’t been feeling super attractive, is, however briefly, totally into a certain acronym she’d previously found really gross.
3. Her Bad Mother, Catherine Connors, talks to Russell Brand about the Easter Bunny and the nature of infinite space, like you do.
4. Chris Shulgan, Eye Weekly’s Superdad, wonders if “You can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, … can you ever just be whelmed?” OK not really. But he’s been pretty whelmed, and feeling like a bad parent so he figured he’d subject himself to an indoor playground assault on the senses.
5. Charlie Bit My Finger is among the most disliked videos on Youtube. Guess what popstar (kinda) made it to #1? (Hint: TGIF)
Photo by Joeltelling via Flickr