News Round-Up Jan. 5: How to Raise a Creative Child, Older Parents and C-Sections in China
What we’re reading today:
1. How to change kids from passive consumers to active creators: Let kids be the inventors of play.
2. There are benefits to being an older parent, but there’s also a lot for kids to consider, like where they’d go if their elderly parents die before they’re adults. Wonder what Robert DeNiro’s newborn thinks about all this.
3. Almost half of all births in China are C-sections. Why? Some expectant mothers want to pick their kids’ birthdays, and some expectant mothers just do it because it’s the thing to do.
4. One of our favourite themes! How to get kids to love healthy food. Mmm… broccoli and kale.
5. Curious about the Muppets Google+ hangout? Here you go:
Photo by woodlywonderworks via Flickr