News Round-Up Jan. 23: Narrow-Minded Moms in Louisiana, Masala Moms and the Art of Baby-Making
What we’re reading today:
1. Louisiana moms, in response to Colorado allowing a transgender kid in Girl Scouts, have pulled their daughters out of Girl Scouts. They want to be part of an organization “that only admits children who have been “persistently and consistently” identified as girls.” Yawn. Don’t these moms know they’d totally be in the villains if this situation was turned into a poignant yet humorous family movie?
2. New parenting site for South Asian families: Masala Moms!
3. When you’re actively trying to have a baby, is the sex not sexy?
4. How to carve out more family time when you’re working.
5. Tilda Swinton’s getting a whole bunch of well-deserved praise for playing the mom of a teenage psychopath in We Need to Talk About Kevin. And yet, we kinda prefer this version, We Need to Talk About Kevin McAllister.
Photo by GraceFamily via Flickr