What the cool parents are reading about today:
1. Two moms crossed paths walking their dogs, shared a love of baking and city-living, and decided to open an allergy-free bakery in Montreal. Now, they’re making people cry with their bagels. (Actually.) How did you meet your best homies after you had kids?
2. Author Lisa Endlich Heffernan wonders: is “taking parenting advice from a young mommy blogger a bit like getting directions to a far off, and difficult to reach locale, by someone who traveled part of the way there, once?” Ouch. Who do you trust for parenting advice?
3. Rolling around on the floor and doing downward dogs and cow poses probably sounds appealing across many age demographics, but do you really get the same experience when you bring your kid to a Pilates class? Glamour weighs in on the practicality of the recent mom-and-me fitness class trend.
4. Photographer Annie Leibovitz dresses up celebs in magical garb for her otherworldly new Disney Dream portraits. Jack Black, Jason Segel and Will Ferrell as a trio of hitchhiking ghosts? Sounds pretty dreamy to us.
5. Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps talks about what really gives his life meaning: helping kids.
Photo by seandreilinger via Flickr.