Abstract Art Cookies
The easiest fun you and your kids ever had in 5 minutes
I went to check out the new Tequila bar on Ossington with a friend last Tuesday night and when I came home my husband had invented this very simple and surprisingly cool way to turn cookies after dinner into a Jackson Pollock influenced art making activity.
I was super impressed and have vowed to go out for cocktails on weeknights more often since it clearly inspires my family to be creative! Anyone want to meet-up for a Tequila next week?
Oreos or a similarly flat, sandwich type of cookie. A dark brown almost black cookie is best (aesthetically).
Cake icing tubes in an assortment of colours. We used the kind that are called “Scribblers”.
- Give cookies to each kid and to yourself
- Place icing tubes on table where everyone can easily reach them
- Help kids remove caps as required
- If they fight over colours, tell them to work it out themselves.
- No need to give them instruction about how to apply the icing to the cookies, they are creatures of instinct and will know what to do
- Decorate a cookie yourself , it’s fun.
- Do not let the kids squirt icing directly in to their mouths
- Admire the cookies and photograph them if you wish
- Eat the cookies *
*Carefully consider whether or not YOU want to eat the cookies. Icing-covered cookies taste better to kids than they do to grown-ups. Consider putting the cookies you decorated in their lunch boxes for tomorrow.